- December 1, 2022 - Read a Christmas message from the AOI board of directors. More
- August 5, 2022 - AOI kicked off its focused service to Ohio, Marshall and Wetzel Counties with a trip to Hundred on Monday, August… More
- March 1, 2022 - The Board of Directors of charitable poverty relief agency Appalachian Outreach, Inc. ("AOI"), has named lifelong Ohio Valley resident Wendy… More
- February 18, 2022 - After 20 years of service, AOI co-founder Rose Hart has announced her retirement. We welcome Wendy Tronka as the new… More
- December 19, 2021 - AOI is celebrating 20 years! Read a Christmas letter from AOI co-founder Rose Hart. More
What We Do
Appalachian Outreach, Inc. (AOI) is a nonprofit poverty relief organization that assists people experiencing poverty and disaster in Ohio, Marshall, and Wetzel counties in West Virginia. We believe in the dignity of every person, and we’ve been working to ease the burden of poverty in our state for over 20 years by fulfilling unmet basic human needs. AOI gathers and transports donated materials to poverty- and disaster-stricken residents of its service area. AOI responds to calls from individuals and organizations by donating requested items to those who need them, whether through disaster or because of household circumstances.
AOI exists to ease the burden of poverty for people in need in Ohio, Marshall, and Wetzel counties. We have become proactive in serving the people of these counties by polling the residents for their needs and then packing the delivery truck with the requested items and delivering them.
How You Can Help
AOI depends on the generosity of its supporters to achieve its goals. You can help by participating in our projects, contributing to our fundraisers, becoming a sponsor, making donations, or simply committing to pray for the organization. If you would like to be a part of AOI, please contact us.