- December 19, 2021 - AOI is celebrating 20 years! Read a Christmas letter from AOI co-founder Rose Hart. More
- September 29, 2021 - Our summer newsletter is available. You can also read about our craft/vendor fair coming up on October 9th. AOI has… More
- May 8, 2021 - According to the Appalachian Regional Commission, 28 of West Virginia's 55 counties are economically distressed or at-risk. Consider supporting AOI… More
- March 15, 2021 - Our winter newsletter is available. More
- March 8, 2021 - Bordas and Bordas Attorneys, PLLC are proud to support Appalachian Outreach. "It's great to know we're helping out right here… More
In March 2017, AOI began a capital campaign for the purchase of our own land and warehouse. The goal for this multi-year initiative is $500,000. Please help support this effort so that we may continue our mission of serving the people of Appalachia. To give to the campaign, please ensure that your contribution is marked “capital campaign” (e.g., on your check’s memo line or as a note on your PayPal donation).
What We Do
Appalachian Outreach is a charitable relief and support organization. We gather and transport donated materials to poverty- and disaster-stricken areas of West Virginia. The materials are then distributed by organizations, churches, or individuals in the area. Items become available through donations from individuals, civic groups, churches, and businesses. Our goal is to be a reflection of God’s love as we meet the basic needs of the communities.
Guided by the Gospel of Jesus Christ and inspired by the Holy Spirit, the mission of Appalachian Outreach is to help relieve the burden of poverty and the loss of dignity suffered by the people of Appalachia who, through no fault of their own, struggle to meet the basic needs of daily life.
We continually look for contacts in the counties where accessibility and opportunity are limited and other charitable agencies are lacking or struggle to meet local need. We also look for contacts locally that will support the mission of Appalachian Outreach, therefore building a network where the dignity of all is respected and the love of God is proclaimed through prayer, word, and deed.
How You Can Help
Appalachian Outreach depends on the generosity of its supporters to achieve its goals. You can help by participating in our projects, contributing to our fundraisers, becoming a sponsor, making donations, or simply committing to pray for the organization. If you would like to be a part of AOI, please contact us or fill out an employment application.