- October 6, 2023 - Consider supporting AOI at our annual Fall into Christmas Bazaar, November 18th from 10 AM to 4 PM at the… More
- September 24, 2023 - AOI has been awarded West Virginia Neighborhood Investment Program (NIP) tax credits that may be available to you for any… More
- August 17, 2023 - A huge thank you to St. Mark Evangelical Lutheran Church for their donation of school supplies! More
- August 2, 2023 - Thank you to the Stone Presbyterian Church for the ice cream social held in support of AOI! More
- June 14, 2023 - AOI would like to express our thanks for the wonderful community support at the recent ribbon cutting for our new… More
What We Do
Appalachian Outreach, Inc. (AOI) is a nonprofit poverty relief organization that assists people experiencing poverty and disaster in Ohio, Marshall, and Wetzel counties in West Virginia. We believe in the dignity of every person, and we’ve been working to ease the burden of poverty in our state for over 20 years by fulfilling unmet basic human needs. AOI gathers and transports donated materials to poverty- and disaster-stricken residents of its service area. AOI responds to calls from individuals and organizations by donating requested items to those who need them, whether through disaster or because of household circumstances.
AOI exists to ease the burden of poverty for people in need in Ohio, Marshall, and Wetzel counties. We have become proactive in serving the people of these counties by polling the residents for their needs and then packing the delivery truck with the requested items and delivering them.
How You Can Help
AOI depends on the generosity of its supporters to achieve its goals. You can help by participating in our projects, contributing to our fundraisers, becoming a sponsor, making donations, or simply committing to pray for the organization. If you would like to be a part of AOI, please contact us.